5.22.2005

Losing it

I’d like to give a rundown of what I enjoyed eating the past weeks. I know, food again, but food is the only thing now that keeps my mind off work. And I have to admit, work is driving me crazy these past days and I don’t want to write about that and I think it’s enough that I’ve been yakking about it to my boyfriend, co-workers and yes even to my mom. To calm my nerves allow me to give you this virtual treat.

In celebration of her birthday, Ms. Berns Romulo (who I found out has discovered my blog, hi Ms. Berns!) brought to the office chap chai, spring rolls and ceasar’s salad bites. The chap chai, the Korean glass noodles with shitake mushrooms, sesame seeds and other veggies was filling but not too heavy. The ceasar’s salad bites are like small bread bowls topped with perfectly dressed salad. For dessert we had white chocolate cake and refrigerator cake. What is impressive about all this is that everything was prepared by just one person and no, it wasn’t Ms. Berns (hehe). Whoever she is, I think she’s a real domestic goddess.

When the town fiesta was celebrated in Sta. Ana last May 12, my mom prepared a Chinese Feast. We had yang chow, shanghai, pata tim, hainanese chicken and beef hofan. For dessert my mom made black almond jelly with lychee.

After enjoying hours at the spa last May 14 with my sisters and cousins (my cousin in law Kaye thanked us with gift certificates for stressing us all for her wedding), we had a late dinner at Queens along Jupiter. Queens serves authentic Indian cuisine. Everything was great. The mutton curry was tender and the sauce can be viand all by itself. We especially enjoyed the papadam, it’s like tortilla, with the pickled onions. The seafood goreng (rice) was also very satisfying.

Last Friday, I had dinner at Bellini’s with my favorite people (read: sisters, cousins, boyfriend). I’m beginning to love all their pizza but quattro formaggio still tops my list. It is the place to go for thin-crust pizza and heavenly Italian desserts. The orange cake is a must-try as well as the spinach ravioli and ozo bucco. The first time I went there I didn’t enjoy the risotto that much but I later learned that that is how risotto should be, al dente. Bellini’s is certainly Cubao’s best-kept secret.

Between these, I also managed to visit the trade show at the World Trade Center. I love going to food expos, I think this is pretty clear by now.

2 POI's:

At 10:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

kaya nga when at work, "think happy thoughts" (mantra kumbaga) to keep you sane. c",) we have yet to try Bellini's. Tin/Do have been prodding us to for a long time.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger k said...

Hi Bubbles! Have you tried their marinara? The last time we went there we have to change our orders five times, our mistake kasi of going there without a reservation on a late Saturday night. The place was jampacked and ubos na lahat ng specialty nila. Try their panacotta too, delish kahit na mukhang glorified leche flan lang hehe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home