7.11.2005

Shoot me

If Escudero, Estrada, Pimentel and Binay have nothing better to offer me with their rabid desire to have the presidency vacated, then I can’t just parrot their call for the President to resign. The same goes with Purisima, Dinky, Drilon and yes even to Cory. While I have high regard for these people, I think it is irresponsible that you ask me to join your call when really, no viable alternative (person or system) is in place.

I am not absolving the President in any way. She has committed a grave mistake, a blunder she actually acknowledged. But I believe that plucking her out and merely replacing her with another rotten banana is something I don’t deserve. Every time someone from the opposition speaks, I see vested interest looming in the horizon.

What we have turned into as a nation is not dangerous, it’s terrifying. Just when nations, big and small, are coming together and working out to have a common charter, our country is trapped in this warp zone where the enemy is ourselves. We have officials, elected in fact, who accuse other people of violating the Constitution but who are the first to disregard the Constitution when their own interests are at stake. We are a democracy, where trial by publicity is the norm and adventurism hardly resembles its origin.


I would like to believe that doing what is right is always easy. It should not require too much thinking, justifying, weighing, fighting with oneself. But if you live in a country where choices, good ones at that are scarce to zilch, doing the right thing would often leave you with nothing.

2 POI's:

At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bols! i like your entry. ill be posting it in my blog as well. thanks! - kira

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi bols! i like your entry. ill be posting it in my blog as well. thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home