9.29.2004

Better late than never

I am making this entry to mark this moment in my life..the moment I went cheesy. This is going to be a deviation from what I usually write..but what the heck. This is just too good to ignore.

Last night I had dinner with jerv and his family to celebrate his mom’s birthday. I have to admit that when he told me of his plan and asked if I can join them I readily dismissed it as impossible. It’s a weeknight and mom would have just gotten back from her birthday shebang and she wouldn’t approve. I wasn’t even planning of actually telling my mom about it. I just planned of sending a gift thinking that it would do. But then jerv of course expressed that he wanted me to go (plus I made him stay for my mom’s own birthday dinner the day before) thus I decided that I really have to join them.

And so we went. We bought our gift and he paid for dinner. (writing for these kinds of things sure is difficult). Anyway what this all boils down to is how I admired my guy. I grew up in a matriarchal home. I never knew how it is living with a father who will carry you when your tiny legs are tired of standing up, or who will swear to kill anyone who tries to lay a finger on you or even bring you down, or who will always be there to look after all of his family’s needs and make sure everything and everyone is alright. I grew up not having a superhero who will buy me gifts, bring me to carnivals or at the very least treat me out to dinner or even ice cream.

And so the sight of my boyfriend going out of his way to treat his family (with a state employee’s salary), even foregoing his choice of restaurant for the popular choice (outnumbered 3 to 1), really sent me head over heels. My eldest sister has been playing the role of padre de pamilya for some time now but of course this is something I am used to already. And so seeing my boyfriend do this on top of how he has been providing for them was enough to last me through the week. He did it all with a big heart and a big smile. It was genuinely heart-warming. This gesture is just one of the sweetest things he does for them. He has been looking after them much like a father does to his family.

I just felt proud of the choice I made. I realized that indeed things are not as fine and dandy as I want them to be right now but knowing that he will be by my side to mesmerize me and show me the beautiful things is all that matters. I just love how he loves his family.

Well what do you know..looks like the heavens have sent my superhero after all.

1 POI's:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow!!! I'm speechless... This may probably be the mushiest blog entry you shall ever write... But, indeed, it is also the sweetest and the most romantic... :D

I'd like to meet that Jerv guy... is he really that superhero-type?! hehehehehe...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home